7 Day Voting Limit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7 Day Voting Limit

Post by Swanky+Stanky on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:52 am

According to Mutable Rule II sub 4,
"The Standard Vote Condition requires a simple majority of Yes votes within one week (7 days) from the day it was proposed."

I propose we remove the language 'within one week (7 days) from the day it was proposed.'

I am particularly moved by this, as Geof's first proposal (which was bangin'), will not be enacted, as it did not pass Standard Vote Condition.

I understand you all might be critical of this, because it could (and probably will) lead to stagnation in the game. However, I think it is crucial given the structure and limitations of this game as it currently exists that we do not inhibit lengthy discussion and debate, and essentially dismiss a proposal because it does not resolve within 7 days.

All in favor?

Swanky+Stanky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7 Day Voting Limit

Post by HallowedOri on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:09 am

I vote yes. I don't think anyone would be correct to criticize this proposal on the grounds it might contribute to stagnation. I think, if we're creative with making rules, we can encourage active participation instead of forcing it. Plus This is an interesting question. The rules do define a Proposal. The rules defines a Proposal "a legal change to the rules." So, in a very real sense, the game checks, indeed must check the legality of a rule change in order to call it a proposal. In addition, I think there are other issues with the rule as stated.
HallowedOri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:45 am

I vote Yes.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://thenormalgame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geof on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:51 pm